- Collective Upside Limited “Collective Upside” is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable New Zealand privacy laws, namely the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993.
- “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual. Collective Upside has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant New Zealand privacy laws.
- This policy also forms part of Collective Upside’s Terms and Conditions for use of this website.
Why does Collective Upside collect my personal information?
- Collective Upside collects and holds your personal information to allow Collective Upside to perform its business functions. Examples of such functions include allowing individuals to participate [optimise what is provided for clients, newsletters], Collective Upside promotions, Collective Upside competitions or to allow Collective Upside to market its current and future products and services to you.
What personal information will Collective Upside hold about me?
- During the course of its business, Collective Upside may collect personal information from you. The types of personal information Collective Upside collects will depend on the nature of your interactions with Collective Upside and may include, but is not limited to, your:
- Date of birth;
- Contact details;
- Your image;
- Your product preferences and purchase history; and/or
- Any information that you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys.
How will Collective Upside collect my personal information?
- Collective Upside will endeavor to collect personal information directly from you. Such collection generally occurs when you:
- Request information from, or have dealings directly with Collective Upside;
- Participate in a competition or promotion conducted by Collective Upside;
- Participate in a survey by Collective Upside;
- Purchase any products, tickets or merchandise from Collective Upside;
- Access or request information from Collective Upside; or
- Provide information to Collective Upside’s customer contact service centre.
- Collective Upside will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances (if any) to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
How does Collective Upside use my personal information?
- Collective Upside uses your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected which may include, but is not limited to:
- Providing you with the Collective Upside goods and services you request;
- Promoting and marketing Collective Upside’s current and future products and services;
- Informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which Collective Upside considers may be of interest to you;
- Conducting surveys and research concerning Collective Upside’s current and future products or services; and
- Improving the operation or navigation of Collective Upside’s website and Collective Upside’s general standard of service.
- Collective Upside may also use your personal information for other purposes which are related to those listed above and which will be made clear to you at the time Collective Upside collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
- If Collective Upside uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all correspondence sent to you by Collective Upside will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any further direct marketing correspondence. If Collective Upside uses personal information to send you any direct marketing communications, you have the right to request that Collective Upside provide you with the source of that personal information. There is no fee for requesting this information. Unless it is impracticable or unreasonable to do so, Collective Upside will provide you with the source of the personal information.
Collective Upside Customer Enquiries Privacy Statement
- Collective Upside will use the personal information you provide in writing to assist in answering your query or addressing your complaint. This may include using information you provide to contact you following the correspondence in response to your query or complaint.
Will Collective Upside give my personal information to any third parties?
- In providing you the information, goods or services you request, Collective Upside may be required to disclose your personal information to Collective Upside’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including, but not limited to, promotions agencies, advertising agencies, legal and accounting services, credit reporting, transport, prize providers, marketing, data analysis and processing and printing services.
- If Collective Upside provides your personal information to such a party, Collective Upside generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Collective Upside does. Please note that New Zealand law may not apply to some of these entities.
- Collective Upside may disclose your personal information to other third parties where it is required or permitted to under applicable law.
Is my personal information held by Collective Upside secure?
- Collective Upside takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
- It must be noted that no data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Collective Upside over the internet, including via email, is sent at your own risk.
What are my rights of access and correction of my personal information held by Collective Upside?
- The accuracy of your personal information is important. Collective Upside takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Collective Upside holds about you is incorrect, please contact us by way of email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have a general right to access the personal information Collective Upside holds about you. You may contact us by way of email at email@example.com to request details of your personal information. Collective Upside reserves the right to deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial. Collective Upside will take reasonable steps to give access in a way that meets both Collective Upside’s needs and your needs.
- While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Collective Upside holds about you, Collective Upside reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
- You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Collective Upside holds about you. You may do so by way of email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Collective Upside does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances.
How do I obtain more information or lodge a privacy claim?
- If you:
- Have any concerns or a complaint regarding Collective Upside’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached New Zealand privacy laws,
Please contact us by way of email at email@example.com.
- We acknowledge and take very seriously every privacy query and complaint that we receive. Collective Upside will endeavour to respond to you within 20 business days.
- For more information, please visit http://www.privacy.org.nz/.
Copyright © 2020 Collective Upside Limited. All rights reserved.