Hey Mama Easy Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
This is a quick easy dinner that the whole family will enjoy. It’s super versatile, use beef or pork in place of chicken or tofu for a vegetarian version. Any type of noodle will work or you can even serve it over rice if that’s all you had.
Serves 2 adults and 2 young children. Double the recipe for bigger families or older children.
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 chicken breast (200-250g), diced
½ onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces
1 carrot, julienned
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
2x 200g packet of soft noodles (Udon, Soba, Hokkien)
Cashew nuts, chopped, to serve (optional)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
Juice of half a lime
- Fill a pot with water and bring to the boil. Once boiled, add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and tip into a colander and refresh with cold water. Set aside.
- Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a jug and have ready to go.
- Heat a wok or fry pan over a medium- high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add half of the sesame oil. Add the diced chicken and cook for a few minutes to brown and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and place the onion and garlic in the wok or pan. Cook for a few minutes and add the vegetables and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the wok or pan along with the noodles and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir the sauce ingredients and pour into the wok or pan. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chopped cashew nuts (if using).
To ensure its gluten free use rice or rice noodles in place of the udon noodles. Ensure the sauces are all gluten free.